As we get close to the end of the year, it's time I make the donations based on my mileage. As of the total today (12/18/2010), I have run 1,205 miles this year (far surpassing my goal of 1,000 miles!). That's an average of 24 miles/week for the year. I planned to donate 10 cents per mile, or 20 cents per mile if I reached 1,000 miles. Therefore the total donation for mileage is 1,205 x 0.20 = $241.
In addition to the mileage, I reached two of my race goals: 5k in under 20:30 (20:18) and a marathon in under 3:55:00 (3:47:45). I was just 2 seconds away from also reaching my 10k goal! This adds another $20 for each, so $40 total.
My total donation for this year is $241 + $40 = $281. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit, but I am going to round that up to $300. That makes it easier to split the donation into three causes I have been involved in:
$100 to Sons of HD (http://www.sonsofhd.com/)
$100 to South Congregational Church's ASP
$100 to Hands on Hartford (http://www.handsonhartford.org/)
Looking forward to setting new goals for 2011 and donating 11 cents per mile!
I wouldn't be able to keep getting out there and hitting the pavement if it wasn't for the support of all my friends and family, and especially Krystle. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment