Thursday, January 21, 2010

50+ miles = $5 raised so far!

It's January 21, and I have run just over 50 miles for the year, raising $5 (I'm donating $0.10 for every mile I run in 2010...check out the first post on this blog). It's not much, but it has been in my mind during some of my longer runs. I ran 10.5 last weekend and felt great about that run alone raising over $1. I haven't been pushing the pace, but that will be the plan in the coming weeks as my marathon training program begins February 7 for the Vermont City Marathon, 5/31.

The weather recently has been warm enough that at times I didn't need a hat or the tights! That is probably a welcomed change for those people who have to see me pass by wearing that skin tight fashion statement.

I am hoping to run over 10 again this Saturday. We'll see how I feel. The pace will probably be slow, between 9:00 - 9:30 a mile. Anyone who wants to join, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment