This is the first of my 16 week marathon training program for the Vermont City Marathon, on 5/31. I have been running 18-20 miles a week for about two months now, but just doing relatively easy runs. Last night I did my first work-out: a 3 mile tempo run, with a warm up and cool down. I was able to run the 3 miles at about 7:48/mi, but I was dying! It's hard to believe I could have run that speed for 4 times as far last September. Last year at this time, I was running much fewer miles and at a much slower pace. I'm definitely encouraged and looking forward to seeing improvement each week.
Running in the cold has been ok, until this weekend. I was hoping to do a 12 mile run this past Saturday. I decided to split it into two 6 mile runs when I wasn't warming up. The wind was brutal. Running outside in the winter is ok until the wind chill dips below 10-15 degrees. I am really ready for spring time running (minus the rain...).
If you have never seen this site before, check out the first post. I am over 100 miles for the year, and that means over $10. I think my first race will be the O'Hartford 5k in March, but it will be very tough for me to beat my 5k goal so early in the season. Either way it should be a fun start to the race season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment